This American flag hands keepsake is perfect for the 4th of July. My kids each made their own last year, and we still have them today!
Here is everything you’ll need:
- White cardstock paper
- Paint brushes
- Pink construction paper
If you’re curious about what paper/paint we use – here is a link to our amazon store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/influencer-18b7bcc2
- Start by tracing out your little ones hands. You want their thumbs and pointer fingers to be in a heart shape.
2. Once you have your hands traced – paint your blue flag section, and give it red stripes!
3. Cut out your handprint design. Make sure not to cut the thumbs or the pointer fingers – you want them to stay intact.
4. Give your blue section it’s white stars using a q-tip or finger print!
5. Write your saying on the pink sheet of construction paper. We chose to write “America” on ours 🙂
6. Glue your handprint flag onto the pink sheet of construction paper, and cut off any excess bits.
You’re finished! You could also add a popsicle stick into the center or the side to make it easier to hold.
I hope you have fun making this American Flag hands keepsake <3
Here is a short video of us making ours:
More 4th of July ideas coming soon 🙂 Thank you all for being here!
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org