This Christmas tree painting is so much fun to make around the holidays. You can change up the colors you use, my 4 year old requested rainbow colors so that’s what we did!
Here is everything you’ll need:
- 2 pieces of white cardstock paper
- Black cardstock paper for background (optional)
- Paint (we used acrylic paint)
- Paint brushes
For a list of craft supplies that we use click here.
- Create your own Christmas tree cut out out of a sheet of cardstock. If drawing isn’t your thing, you can always trace a tree off of google images.
- Place a small piece of tape on the back of your tree cut out & place onto your square sheet of white cardstock. I placed mine right in the middle but you can switch it up however you’d like!
3. Have fun painting! I used a new brush in between each color.
4. Allow everything to dry.
5. Carefully peel up your cut out to reveal your tree!
6. You can leave your tree white or add a few more things. I used the back of my paintbrush to give the tree “ornaments”. I also outlined the tree using a black sharpie to make it pop.
7. Glue your painting onto a slightly large piece of black paper – you’re finished!
Here’s a short video of us making our Christmas Tree Painting:
- Does paper rip when you peel up the tape?
- It shouldn’t – but to be safe you could pat the tape a few times on your hand to rub off some of the stickiness of the tape so that it isn’t as strong.
I post new ideas here on my website almost every day, make sure to check back soon 🙂
I’m also on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and YouTube – come find me there! Thank you for all your support!