How stinking cute are these cotton ball painted snow owls?!
It’s winter time here in the Midwest and man is it COLD! My kids love to do cotton ball painting & I thought snow owls would be a great one to try for the winter.
Joke of the day: Which holiday do owls love most? OWL-oween!
- Blue paper
- Yellow paper
- Black paper
- Brown paper
- White paint
- Cotton ball
- Clothes pin
- Paint brush
To see our favorite craft supplies click here.
- Grasp your cotton ball with your clothes pin.
- Dip into white paint & create a circle on your sheet of blue paper. This will be your owls body.
- Allow paint to dry.
- Give your owl eyes & a nose using your black and yellow paper.
- Glue on a branch for the owl to sit on using your brown paper.
- Add snow drops in the background using white paint and the back of a paint brush.
- Glue onto a sheet of yellow paper. This is optional, but I think it makes it pop!
Here’s a short video of us making our cotton ball painted snow owls:
Why I love this craft:
- Cotton ball painting strengthens my kids fine motor skills.
- It’s a fun way to change up painting.
- They’re adorable!
To see more of our winter craft ideas click here. I hope you find something you love!
I am also on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and YouTube – come find me there! Thank you for your support, it means the world to me.