These crimped turkeys are so much fun to make around Thanksgiving time. My kids loved making their own & put on a “turkey show” for mom & dad. There’s minimal supplies needed – I hope you try it out!
Here is what you’ll need:
- Popsicle stick/crafting stick
- Construction paper cut into strips – whatever colors you’d like!
- Brown construction paper – cut into a circle
- Orange construction paper cut into a small triangle
- Googly eyes
For a list of our favorite craft supplies click here!
- Start by adding glue to the top of your craft stick.
2. Glue down your brown circle of construction paper. This will be your turkeys face.
3. Glue your strips of colored construction paper to the back of your turkey. I don’t have the back pictured but they are all glued to the other side of the craft stick, stacked onto of each other.
4. Now it’s time to crimp your turkey! Bend each strip of paper in a accordion pattern to give it a crimped effect.
5. Glue on two googly eyes & an orange triangle for the beak. You’re finished!
How cute are these crimped turkeys?! I absolutely love them, they turned out great! I hope you have an amazing time making your own.
Reasons why I love this craft:
- My kids are strengthening their fine motor skills by folding the strips of paper.
- I already had all the materials at home.
- It’s a fun craft to create together while we discuss why we celebrate Thanksgiving.
Here’s a short video of us making our crimped turkeys:
If you have any questions feel free to comment below or send me an email. I’d love to hear from you!
You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and YouTube.
I post here on my website almost every day, so make sure to check back soon for more ideas!