A diy puzzle with a Halloween twist! This DIY Oogie Boogie puzzle is adorable & my kids were so happy with it!
It’s been a couple years since I originally made this & my kids still get it out when Halloween season is near.
Here is everything you’ll need:
- Popsicle sticks or craft sticks
- White paint
- Black paint
- Cardstock paper
- White marker pen
- Take your cardstock paper & create your Oogie Boogie design. You can google search an image & trace it right from there!
2. Cut out the background half moon shape – and cut out the eyes/mouth areas. These are the areas that will be white on your puzzle.
3. Now you want to grab your craft sticks & paint them black.
4. Let everything completely dry – around 20 minutes.
5. Line your painted craft sticks up tape down the tops & bottoms so that nothing can move.
6. Now add your cardstock stencil to the top. You can tape down the edges of the cardstock as well to make sure nothing moves while you’re painting.
7. Start painting! I used a sponge like brush & dabbed the paint on.
8. Peel up your stencil while the paint is still wet – do this slowly!
9. Let everything completely dry. If you have toddlers/younger kids – add numbers to the bottom to help them out! I used a white paint marker to do this.
10. You’re finished! When Halloween is over you can put it in a zip lock baggie. Store with all your Halloween decorations – they will have so much fun getting this out each year!
Reasons why I love this DIY Oogie Boogie puzzle:
- It’s a learning tool for my kids. My younger kids practiced putting the numbers in order & my older kids focused on matching the picture correctly.
- It’s a seasonal DIY that I can easily store with all my Halloween decorations each year. My kids get excited when we unpack everything we made from the previous years!
I hope you have a blast making your own!
Here’s a short video of us making ours:
For more of our Halloween craft ideas click here.
Thank you all for being here 🙂 I post almost every day – so make sure to check back soon!