When you’re stuck in the house on a rainy spring day – sometimes playdough and slime won’t break up the boredom. I thought these DIY spring projectors would be perfect! Minimal supplies & doesn’t take long to set up. Let me show you how to make them.
- Toilet paper rolls – or cut a paper towel roll into 3
- Packaging tape
- A flashlight
- A dark room
- Take a strip of your packing tape & decorate with the sharpie! You want the image to only appear on the opening of the toilet paper roll, so try to keep them small.
- I put my packaging tape sticky side down onto a plastic folder. When I was finished it peeled right up.
- If your kids want to make their own pictures – you could outline the opening on the packaging tape ahead of time – that way they have a boarder to color inside of.
2. Place your tape over the opening of the toilet paper roll.
3. Find a dark room – put your flashlight inside of the toilet paper roll & watch your pictures glow on the wall!
I hope you try these DIY spring projectors out! My kids ages range from 4-7 and all of them loved making these!
Reasons why I love this craft:
- We get to upcycle our toilet paper rolls.
- It’s great for lots of ages. I even had fun making these!
- My kids learned about light placement and how projectors work!
Here is a short tutorial video:
To see more of our spring & summer crafts click here. I hope you find something you love!