Sponge painting is so much fun – for any age! Here are two sponge painting ideas to create your own Father’s Day cards this year!
Hope you try this one out <3
Here is what you’ll need:
- Card stock paper
- A sponge
- Cut your card stock into the shape you want the card. I chose to do a rectangle – I glued my white cardstock onto a sheet of colored cardstock to make it pop!
- Cut your sponge into the shape you want as well! Scissors work best, but you can also use an exacto knife or something along those lines.
- For the watermelon – dip your sponge into pink paint & press down on your white cardstock. When you lift it up it leaves a textured watermelon design. Use your finger tip for the seeds – and a paint brush to paint the rind.
4. For the rainbow – you can drip paint onto a paper plate in the shape of a rainbow and then dip into it. Or you can just paint right onto the sponge and then press onto the paper. Just make sure that it’s on thick!
5. Once you have your design – add a cute pun for Father’s Day using your sharpie!
Here is a short video of me making these:
As always – if you have any questions – just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org ! I will be posting a few more Father’s Day card ideas soon.
Have an amazing day!!