This fingerprint heart soap is a simple DIY for your kids to try this Valentine’s Day. My kids were so proud of their creations & loved using them all January & February ❤
Did you know: About 25% of pet owners give Valentine’s Day gifts to their pets. I never knew this!
Here is what you’ll need:
- Bottle of soap – we used the Soft Soap brand
- Red & pink paint
- Peel the labels off the front & back of the bottle of soap. Ours came off with no issue. But if you’re having trouble, apply heat with a blow dryer & they will come right off!
- Let your kids dip their finger tips into paint.
- You’ll want to slant your fingers to the left & then to the right to form a heart.
- Tie a ribbon to the top – you’re finished!
- I had a few questions about durability of these as people are washing their hands. We used them for a month or two and the paint held up great! If you have younger kids who might submerge them in water you could apply mod podge to the front of these for extra protection.
Here’s a short video of us making our fingerprint heart soap:
Why I love this DIY for Valentine’s Day:
- It super cheap! Only thing I had to buy was a $1 bottle of soap.
- My kids loved sprucing up their bathroom for the holiday.
- It strengthens my kids fine motor skills & their hand eye coordination.
- It’s a simple way to spruce up their bathroom for the holiday.
To see more of our Valentine’s Day ideas click here. I hope you find something you love!
I’m also on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and YouTube – come find me there! Thank you for your support, it means the absolute world to me.