This ghost x-ray is a fun twist on scrape painting – you have to try it out! I’ve seen scrape painting all over my Instagram & wanted to come up with something unique that no one had tried before. I was so happy when this actually worked!
Here is everything you’ll need:
- White sheet of paper
- Colored sheet of paper (optional)
- Black & white acrylic paint
- The paint we use can be found here.
- Paint brushes
- Black sharpie
- Piece of cardboard
- Start off by painting your hand white. You want to have a decent amount on your hand so that it will transfer onto the paper easily.
2. Press your hand down on your white sheet of paper.
3. Use your paint brush and white paint to add writing – we added boo to the bottom.
4. Add a decent amount of black paint to the top of your paper.
5. Take your cardboard and scrape your black paint to the bottom of the paper. Make sure your cardboard has a straight edge so that it drags everything. Note: I didn’t let the white paint totally dry before this. It dried for roughly a minute.
6. Let everything dry.
7. Add eyes and mouth to your ghost with black sharpie.
8. Glue onto the colored sheet of paper. This part is optional – I just think it makes everything pop. You’re finished!
Here’s a short video of our ghost x-ray:
If you have any questions feel free to email me. You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and Pinterest.
I post new ideas almost everyday – make sure to check back soon!