A classic game with a Halloween twist! My kids loved playing this Halloween tic-tac-toe all spooky season.
I leave ours out on the kitchen island for them to play with anytime. When the season is over we store in a zip lock bag with our Halloween decorations!
Here is everything you’ll need:
- 9 small rocks
- Acrylic paint (white & orange)
- Sheet of black paper
- White chalk
- Take your rocks and paint them all white.
- The orange ones will start out as white too – it will make the orange pop!
2. Let everything dry.
3. Now paint half your rocks orange.
4. While your orange rocks dry – give your white rocks a second coat of white.
5. Make sure everything is totally dry before starting next step.
6. Time to decorate! Give your white rocks ghost faces – and your orange rocks pumpkin faces.
7. Draw your tic-tac-toe board on your sheet of black paper, using your white chalk.
8. For extra protection you can spray on a clear protectant – or even seal with mod podge. I didn’t do this step & we have been using these for a couple years now with no issues. But if they are being tossed around you may want to seal them 🙂
9. Have fun enjoying this Halloween tic-tac-toe game year after year 🙂
Reasons why I love this craft:
- I already had all the materials laying around the house.
- It’s a game that ALL my kids understand. There’s no fighting!
- It’s something we can enjoy as a family year after year.
Here is a short video of us making ours:
If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email – I’d love to hear from you.
I hope everyone has an AMAZING day – thank you all for being here.