These hot glue hearts were so much fun to make! I would recommend these for older children who are able to operate a hot glue gun without getting hurt. My 7 year old made his own but did need some help!
Did you know: Valentine’s Day has typically been associated with love and partnership. According to the Today Show, only 59% of spouses planned on giving their partners a gift, while 85% of parents planned to give their children something on February 14.
I like to find these random facts & share them with my kids while we craft. I thought I would them with all of your too!
Materials you’ll need:
- White sheet of paper
- Black marker
- Parchment paper
- Hot glue gun
- Suction cup hangers for the window (optional)
vv Free heart outline printable here vv
To see our favorite craft supplies click here.
- Draw two hearts onto a sheet of white paper. I also made a free printable with 2 hearts if that is easier! (see link above in the materials needed section)
- Place your parchment paper on top of the drawing. You will be able to see through it.
- Use your hot glue gun to trace your heart design. You can also just free hand this & skip steps 1 & 2 – whatever is easier for you!
- Add glitter while glue is still hot.
- Allow everything to dry.
- Carefully peel off your parchment paper.
- You’re finished! You can hang these in the window or just keep them out for decoration. These look amazing in the light! (see pictures below)
Here’s a short video of us making our hot glue hearts:
To see more of our Valentine’s Day ideas click here. I hope you find something you love!
I am also on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and YouTube – come find me there! Thank you for your support, it means the world to me.