These leaf lanterns are such a fun craft to try for fall – I hope you give it a shot!
Here is what you’ll need:
- Parchment paper (two sheets @ 24″ wide – you can adjust that size if you want thinner lanterns)
- Glue sick
- Hole punch
- Warm iron
- Battery powered tea lights
To see a list of our favorite craft supplies click here.
- Gather your leaves from outside & place them all over a sheet of parchment paper.
2. Cover your leaves with another sheet of parchment paper. Set your iron to low and run over the top of the parchment paper. This is going to make your leaves as flat as possible!
3. Now you’re going to glue your leaves down on your first sheet of parchment paper. I glued mine smooth side down.
4. Once everything dries – bench your parchment paper into a lantern shape. You’ll want to do a hole punch at the top and bottom of each edge & secure with a ribbon.
5. Put your tea lights on a table & place your lantern over top of them. Watch your leaves glow!
Reasons why I love this craft:
- My kids loved going outside to collect “the best” leaves.
- It’s a simple diy for lots of ages.
- Minimal supplies are needed.
Here is a short video of us making our leaf lanters:
If you have any questions feel free to send me an email – I’d love to hear from you!
You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and Pinterest.
I post here almost every day – check back soon for more ideas!