These leaf x-rays are so unique and fun to try! My family lives in the country – surrounded by woods. We love to go outside and collect leaves – this craft was the perfect addition to our collection!
Here is what you’ll need:
- Tin foil
- Black acrylic paint
- Steel wool
- Smooth cloth
If you want to buy the same paint we use click here!
- Wrap you leaf in tin foil. You’re going to want to put it vein side facing out. You can glue it shut or just fold down the edges to the back.
2. Use a cloth to press down firmly around your tin foil. Your leaf veins will start to show!
3. Paint your tin foil black & allow it to dry. We applied one coat of paint – it was applied pretty thick.
4. Take your steel wool & gently rub your tin foil in a circular motion. Please do this step very gently! It may take a few minutes to get it where you want to be.
5. You’re finished! These would look awesome as a leaf x-ray garland – we will be doing that next.
Reasons why I love this craft:
- It’s a great keepsake that I will be keeping in my kids memories boxes forever.
- It got the whole family outside to find the perfect leaves.
- There are different results every time – it’s so cool to see!
Here is short video of us making our leaf x-rays:
If you have any questions feel free to send me an email! You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and Pinterest.
I post new ideas on my website almost every day – make sure to check back soon!