These neon spider webs are so much fun to try for Halloween! I thought it would be a fun twist on traditional crayon resist painting. Let me show you how to make your own.
Here is what you’ll need:
- White paper
- Colored paper for background (optional)
- Glue stick (optional)
- Black watercolor paint
For a list of our favorite craft supplies click here.
- Take your white paper & draw on your spider webs with crayon. You can use colored crayons or just use white – both turn out great. We ended up making 3 different designs for the webs.
2. Cover the entire sheet with black watercolor paint. The wax from the crayon will resist the paint – making the spider web pop through!
3. Let everything dry.
4. Glue your neon spider web onto a square of colored paper. This step is optional – I just think it makes everything pop.
5. You’re finished! These would make awesome Halloween cards but also look great hanging on the fridge! Have fun!
Reasons why I love this craft:
- Minimal supplies are needed, I already had everything at home.
- My kids LOVE seeing how each one turns out. The possibilities are endless.
I will be posting new ideas here on my website almost every day, make sure to check back for more soon!
You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and YouTube 🙂
Thank you for all your support – it means the world to me.