This New Year’s crayon resist painting was so much fun to try! My kids ages range from 4-7 & they all loved it.
Did you know: Long before it was used on New Year’s Eve, the ball drop on top of England’s Observatory was dropped at 1pm every day to help ship captains coordinate their navigation equipment.
Materials you’ll need:
- White paper
- Purple paper for background (optional)
- Watercolor paint
- White crayon or white oil pastel
- Paint brushes
- Use your white crayon to draw your ‘Happy New Year’ message on to your white paper.
- Paint all over your paper using water color paints to reveal your message!
- Sprinkle salt all over while your paint is still wet.
- Allow everything to dry.
- Glue onto a square of purple paper to make everything pop – you’re finished!
- See pictures below!
How it works: The crayon is wax & is resistant to paint/water. Your paint will spread away from any crayon drawn which reveals your message. The salt added on top creates small white spots which gives it even more texture.
Why I love New Year’s crayon resist painting:
- My kids are shocked when they reveal their messages – they love it!
- The salt makes such a fun design & it’s different every time.
- I only needed a few supplies – I already had everything at home.
To see more of our New Year’s crafts click here. I hope you find something you love!
I am also on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and YouTube – come find me there! Thank you for all your support, it means the world to me.