Instead of making salt dough you should try making these Play-Doh handprint keepsakes! Play-Doh is not just a fun and creative activity for children, but it can also be a source of endless entertainment for adults too.
My kids loved making these just as much as salt dough, and there was no mess to clean up!
Here is what you’ll need:
- Rolling pin
- Baking sheet
- Tin foil
- Small magnet
- Hot glue
To see our favorite craft supplies click here!
- Roll your playdough out into a thin layer. Make it large enough to fit your child’s handprint.
- To make a multi colored handprint like our pink one below – first take your two colors and lightly mix them by hand before rolling them flat.
- Put your child’s hand onto the playdough and cut it’s shape out using a toothpick (or other safe object).
- Use your toothpick to carve out a heart into the center of their handprint.
- Place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 300 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow everything to completely cool.
- Hot glue the edges of your photo to the back of your Play-Doh handprint.
- Hot glue a small magnet to the back – you’re finished!
These Play-Doh handprint keepsakes would be perfect for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Christmas – or just any day!
- Do these harden just as well as salt dough? Yes! Once you remove them from the oven, allow them to sit. They will finish hardening just the same as salt dough. Be careful not to drop them, they might shatter!
- Can I use regular glue instead of hot glue? You can, it might not last as long as hot glue though.
- What size photo did you use? Mine are left over wallet size photos from picture day. It was a great way to use up our leftovers!
Here’s a short video of us making our Play-Doh handprint keepsakes:
Why I love this craft:
- We already had all the supplies at home.
- There was minimal clean up.
- It’s a inexpensive gift my kids can make for any occasion!
To see more of our crafts click here. I hope you find something you love!
I am also on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and YouTube – come find me there! Thank you for your support, it means the world to me.