These scrap paper Christmas trees are the perfect Christmas craft for little ones. There’s so many different possibilities and outcomes – you can change up the size, color, and thickness. It’s a great way to upcycle all the scrap paper you might have laying around the house. I hope your family loves this one as much as we do!
Here is what you’ll need:
- Scrap paper
- Glue stick
- White card stock
- Colored cardstock for background – optional
- Paper star for the top
For a full list of our favorite craft supplies click here!
- Collect all your scrap paper & cut into strips. If you have old newspapers laying around that would look amazing too!
2. Add glue to the back of each strip & have fun laying them down however you’d like! We did a criss cross pattern – they turned out so cute! Make sure to add a trunk to the bottom & a start to the top.
3. Glue your Christmas trees onto a sheet of slightly larger colored paper. This step is optional, I just think it makes everything pop.
4. You’re finished! I love love love how these turned out – they would make an amazing handmade Christmas card. They also look great just hanging on the fridge for the holidays 🙂
Reasons why I love this craft:
- Upcycles all the scrap paper we have laying around the house.
- It’s a mess free craft I can put together quickly.
- It’s a great craft for any age!
Here’s a short video of us making our scrap paper Christmas trees:
To see more of our Christmas crafts click here!
I post new ideas here on my website almost every day – so make sure to check back soon!
You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and YouTube.