These scrap paper ornaments are the perfect way to upcycle your scrap paper this year. I will be coming up with more ideas for reusing our scraps soon – we have a ton!
Random Fact: Did you know that 85 million tons of paper is wasted each year?! That’s roughly 1 billion trees worth of paper that is just thrown away!
I like to share these random facts with my kids as we are crafting & thought I would share with all of you too!
- 2 sheets of white paper
- Scrap paper ripped into strips
- A star for the top
For a list of our favorite craft supplies click here.
- Start by cutting out a triangle for your tree into one of your white sheets of paper.
2. Add glue around the boarder of your tree cut out.
3. Add your scrap paper strips!
4. Add another line of glue around the boarder of your white sheet of paper.
5. Add your second sheet of white paper on top of your strips of paper to seal everything in.
6. Flip your paper over to reveal your Christmas tree design! You can leave it as is, or cut it out for hanging! We added a star and ribbon to the top & used them as ornaments.
Here is a short video of us creating ours:
I am also on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube – come find me there! Thank you for all your support, it means the world to me.