This secret hideout only took about 10 minutes to set up and my son LOVED it. Let me show you how to make one.
- Large cardboard box
- String of lights
- LED lights are preferred – please supervise with regular lights incase of a fire.
- Cozy blanket & a book
- Push your light through the card board. I poked each one through individually and make a zig zag motion with the lights.
2. Add a cozy blanket and pillow to the inside.
3. Turn on your lights & you’re done!
It only took about 5-10 minutes to set this up. He played with it ALL day!
If using regular lights – please do not leave on over night. Just like a Christmas tree – the lights shouldn’t be left on while you’re sleeping. There is always a chance of a fire & it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Here’s a short video of us making our secret hide out:
Why I love this activity:
- I already had everything at home.
- It’s perfect to set up for a rainy or snowy day.
- We were able to upcycle our large cardboard box.
- My kids absolutely love it!
- Did your lights get hot? Ours were LED lights, they don’t get hot at all. I still turned them off when we were not using it. They were also off overnight just to be safe!
- Did you throw it away after a couple days? Nope! I folded ours away in the closet and get it out for rainy & snowy days.
To see more of our activities click here. I hope you find something you love!