This smoosh snowman craft is a must try this winter. My kids ages range from 4-7 and they all loved creating their own!
Growing up I loved making any type of craft, but Christmas and winter crafts will always hold a special place in my heart. Fast forward 30 years – I’m coming up with new craft ideas for my kids to try out for the first time. Watching them use their imagination and creativity while they craft brings me so much joy.
Here are the materials you’ll need:
- Blue construction paper or cardstock paper
- White paint (we use acrylic paint)
- Black construction paper
- Orange construction paper
- Paint brushes
For a list of all our favorite craft supplies click here!
- Fold your sheet of blue paper in half, creating a seam down the middle.
- Paint half a circle on one half of the paper. Make sure to use a decent amount of paint.
3. Refold your paper in half & smoosh the paper together with your hands.
4. Open your paper back up to reveal your snowman’s face!
5. Add black paper circles for the eyes & mouth. You can use glue or you can put them on while your paint is still wet.
6. Glue on a black hat & orange nose. You can add your name to the hat as well. My kids hung theirs on our refrigerator all winter break. Once the season was over I stored each one in their memory boxes which is full of items that we will cherish forever.
I hope you & your family love this craft as much as we did! Here is a short video of us creating our own smoosh snowman: