My kids have a ton of oil pastels laying around the house & they’re never really sure how to use them. I thought this smudged oil pastel wreath would be a fun craft to try out!
Here is what you’ll need:
- White cardstock paper
- Green cardstock paper (optional)
- Oil pastels
- Red ribbon
- Fine tip sharpie
To see a list of all our favorite craft supplies click here!
- Cut a small circle out of your white cardstock paper. This will end up being the center of your wreath – so make the circle as big as you want your center to be!
2. Tape your circle down onto your white cardstock square. Putting one piece of tape on the back is enough.
3. Take your oil pastels and create lines coming out from your white circle. You can alternate colors or you can do one color all around!
4. Now the fun part – take your q-tip & smudge the oil pastel. We smudged ours in an outward motion.
5. Slowly peel up your white circle. If you think it might rip the paper underneath – you can apply heat with a blow dryer and it will peel right up with no issues.
6. Tie a red ribbon into a bow & add it to the bottom of your wreath.
7. Add “Merry Christmas” to the bottom of your card. I used a fine tip sharpie.
8. Glue onto a slightly larger piece of green cardstock paper. This step is optional – I just like the way it looks.
9. You’re finished! These would make adorable Christmas cards.
Here is a short video of us making our smudged oil pastel wreath :
You can also come find me on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and YouTube. Thank you for all your support on my page, it means the world to me & my family.