This smudged snowman craft is great for lots of different ages – I hope you try it out too!
Here is what you’ll need:
- Oil pastels
- 2 sheets of white paper ( I used cardstock paper)
- 1 sheet of colored paper (optional – for the background)
- Orange marker
Click here for a list of all our favorite craft supplies!
- Create your own snow man cut out using 1 sheet of your white paper. If drawing isn’t your thing you could always trace something off of google images. Secure it down to your other sheet of white paper. I used small piece of tape on the back.
2. Use your oil pastels to draw your blue patterns around the snowman cut out. I alternated between light blue and dark blue but any colors would look beautiful!
3. Now the fun part! Take your q-tip and smudge the oil pastel in an outward motion. I alternated q-tips between the two colors. Using just 1 works great too.
4. Carefully remove your snow man cut out. If your tape it too strong and starts to rip the paper – apply a little heat with a blow dryer – it will peel right up!
5. Use your black sharpie & orange marker to give your snow man eyes, buttons, a mouth, and nose!
6. Glue your design onto a slightly larger sheet of blue paper. This step is optional, I just think it makes it pop.
7. You’re finished! These would make a perfect card for the holidays.
Here’s a short video of us creating our own smudged snowman:
If you have any questions feel free to send me an email – I’d love to hear from you. Thank you all for your support, it means the world to me!