Turkey crafts are a must at our house on Thanksgiving. My kids love to experiment with new painting techniques and I thought this would be right up their ally. Spatula turkeys were the perfect addition to our Thanksgiving traditions!
Here is what you’ll need:
- White sheet of paper
- Paint brush
- Brown paper for the turkey head
- Orange paper for the turkey beak
- Googly eyes
- Black marker
For a list of our favorite craft supplies we use click here.
- Take your spatula & cover it in paint. You can add paint to a paper plate and dip it or you can use a paint brush and paint it on. If you paint it on make sure to apple a heavy coat.
2. Now press it down on your sheet of white paper. You’ll want to wipe off the spatula in between each color – I used a baby wipe.
3. Continue pressing down different colors with your spatula to make your turkey feathers. You’ll want to press them in a U rainbow shape to give it the look of spread out turkey feathers.
4. Allow everything to dry.
5. Take your brown paper & cut out a turkey head.
6. Glue down your turkey head, googly eyes, and beak.
7. Add eye lashes with your black marker. You’re finished!
Reasons why I love this craft:
- Using a spatula is a fun way to mix things up – my kids love the change.
- We already had all the supplies at home.
- It’s a great craft to do as a family.
Here’s a short video of us creating our spatula turkeys:
To see more of our Thanksgiving crafts click here.
To see more of our fall crafts click here!
You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and YouTube.
I post here on my website almost every day – make sure to check back soon for more ideas!