Making a new ornament is a family tradition in our house. My kids ages range from 4-7, so I always come up with a few different ideas for them to choose from. I thought this Stick Ribbon Ornament would be the perfect addition this year.
Here is everything you’ll need:
- Small stick/twig
- Ribbon (wire edge ribbon)
For a list of our favorite craft supplies click here.
- Cut or snap your stick the size that you’ll want your ornament.
2. Cut your ribbon into thin strips. Don’t worry about length.
3. Start tying your ribbon on your stick. Leave a small space in between each ribbon strip.
4. Use your scissors to cut the ribbon into a tree shape. I saved a piece of ribbon with metal for the top. You can bend it into your tree top.
5. Tie a small piece twine to the top of your ornament (or use hot glue) – you’re finished!
This was the perfect Christmas craft for my 7 year old, he loved making his own!
Here is a short video of us making our own Stick Ribbon Ornament:
If you have any questions feel free to send me an email.
You can also come find me on TikTok, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. Thank you all for your support – it means the world to me & my family.