These tape resist snowflakes are the perfect craft to try this winter. I have posted tape resist painting a few times for different seasons, but this one was definitely my kids favorite – I hope your kids love it too!
Here is what you’ll need:
- White cardstock paper
- Painters tape
- Pom poms
- Clothes pin
For a list of our favorite craft supplies click here!
- Take your painters tape and create a snow flake design on your white paper. I did this step for my kids but depending on their age they can do it themselves.
2. Take your clothes pin and clasp it onto a pom pom. If you don’t have any pom poms you could also just use a cotton ball – the results are similar.
3. Dip your pom pom into paint & have fun dabbing it all over your paper! You can switch pom poms in-between colors or just mix them as you go.
4. Once your sheet is totally covered – allow everything to dry.
5. Now the fun part – peeling off the tape! The brand I have peels right up with no issues but if it starts to tear your paper – you can apply heat with a blow dryer and it will come right up!
These turn out so cool! I hope you have a blast trying it out!
Here is a short video of us making our tape resist snowflakes:
Reasons why I love this craft:
- I already had all the supplies laying around the house.
- My kids are always shocked to see the results when they peel up the tape.
- It’s a fun way to switch things up when painting!
To see more of our winter crafts & activities click here!
You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and YouTube – we’d love for you to come join us there as well!
I post new ideas here on my website almost everyday – so make sure to check back soon 🙂