My oldest son has a love of collection seashells from the beach. I thought this craft would be right up his ally, he loved it so much! These tie dye seashells are such a fun one for lots of ages. They can also be turned into a necklace.
Here are the materials you’ll need:
- The whiter the shell the better. We tried this with darker shells and they don’t turn out as vibrant.
- Shaving cream
- Food coloring
- Paper or glass plate
- Paper towel
- Put a layer of shaving cream down onto your plate & add a few drops of food coloring. You’ll want to spread out the food coloring using your toothpick.
2. Put your seashells into the shaving cream face down. Tap it in a few times to make sure everything is completely coated.
3. Lift your seashell out of the shaving cream & wipe it off with paper towel. That’s all you have to do – how simple is that?!
4. You’re finished! You can also hot glue a ribbon onto the back to make your own tie dye seashell necklace 🙂
You could also add a layer of mod podge to the outside to give it extra protection. I recommend doing this if you will be keeping your seashells outside.
Here is a short video of us making our tie dye seashells:
To see more of our summer crafts click here!
Come join us on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and Pinterest – thank you for all your support!