Photo ornaments are my all time favorite gift to receive from my kids. I wanted to come up with some new ideas for others to try out and thought this yarn wrapped ornament would be a fun one!
Random Fact: Did you know Alabama was the first state to officially recognize Christmas in 1836?! I didn’t either – but now you do too!
I like to share these random facts with my kids while we are crafting & thought I would share with all of you too!
- 3 popsicle/crafting sticks
- Hot glue gun
- Star for the top
- Packaging tape
For a list of our favorite craft supplies click here.
- Hot glue your 3 craft sticks into a triangle.
2. Wrap your yarn around your triangle. When you finished tie a knot at the top & leave a string hanging down into the center of your triangle.
3. Add gems around your triangle using your hot glue gun.
4. Glue a star to the top.
5. Press your photo in between two pieces of packaging tape. This will protect it for years to come. If you own a laminator – even better!
6. Add your photo to the string that you left hanging down the middle. I attached ours with hot glue. You’re finished!
Here’s a short video of us creating our yarn wrapped ornament:
I am also on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and YouTube – come find me there! Thank you for your support, it means the world to me.