These salt painted fireworks are so much fun to make for the new year! If you haven’t tried salt painting before – I’ll walk you through it step by step.
Here are the materials you’ll need:
- White card stock paper cut into a square
- Pink card stock paper cut into a slightly larger square than the white
- Regular glue in a bottle
- Water color paints
- Paint brush
- Black marker
To see our favorite craft supplies click here.
- Write “Happy New Year” in the center of your white sheet of paper using your black marker.
2. Using your bottle of glue – draw firework lines around your writing.
3. While the glue is still wet – add a decent amount of salt all over the paper.
4. Once your glue is thoroughly covered, shake off any excess salt. You can save all the extra salt in a zip lock baggie to use for salt painting next time.
5. Now the fun part – water color painting! Dip your paint brush in water & then into your paint. Lightly dab your brush on top of your salt & watch how it spreads!
FAQ: Do I need to wait for the glue/salt to dry before I start painting?
Answer: I have done it both ways & there is never a difference. If you have younger kids you might want to wait until it’s dried so that they aren’t pushing hard into wet glue 🙂
6. Once you’re finished painting allow everything to dry & glue onto the pink paper. This step is optional, I just think it makes everything pop.
7. You’re finished! I hope you & your family loves making these salt painted fireworks!
To see more of our New Years crafts click here.
You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and YouTube…come find me there!
I post on my website almost every day – make sure to check back soon for more ideas.