Let’s make some oblong spatula printed Easter eggs!
I wanted to create a new Easter craft with supplies that we already had at home. I’ve seen other pages use spatulas to make Christmas crafts, I thought this would be a fun spin on it for Easter.
These were a hit with all of my kids, whos ages range from 3-7. I hope you love it too!
Joke of the day: What did the mommy egg say to the baby egg? You’re egg-stra special.
- White paper
- Blue paper
- A spatula
To see our favorite craft supplies click here.
- Dip your spatula into your paint. You could also apply the paint to your spatula using a paint brush. Whichever is easier for you.
- Press your spatula down onto your sheet of white paper.
3. Lift your spatula to reveal your Easter egg!
4. Allow everything to dry.
5. Add dots with your finger tips – this part is a lot of fun! You can add stripes, zig zags, & anything else you’d like.
6. Allow everything to dry.
7. Glue your white sheet onto a slightly larger sheet of blue paper. This step is optional – I just think it makes everything pop.
These would also be great as a popsicle craft for summer time!
Here’s a short tutorial video of our spatula printed Easter eggs:
Why I love this craft:
- It’s a great way for my kids to use their imagination.
- We already had everything at home.
- It was fun to use a household item to make Easter crafts – my kids loved it!
- Does the paint come off of the spatula? Yep! We rinsed in between colors and everything came right off.
- What type of paint did you use? We used acrylic paint.
To see more of our Easter crafts click here. I hope you find something you love!