How cute are these stick mummies?! I thought this would be a great Halloween craft for lots of different ages! I hope you have fun making your own 🙂
Here is everything you’ll need:
- Sticks/twigs – we collected ours from outside
- Paper towel
- Googly eyes
- Take 3-4 twigs (depending on their thickness) and tape them all together. I did this by putting one wrap of tape at the top and one wrap at the bottom.
2. Rip or cut your sheet of paper towel into thin strips.
3. Wrap your strips around your sticks! You can secure the last wrap with tape or glue.
4. Glue on googly eyes – you’re finished!
There’s many different things you can do with these – my kids ended up taking them over and used them as puppets for a “Halloween show” they put together – it was so cute!
Reasons why I love this craft:
- Minimal supplies needed! I already had everything laying around the house.
- My kids strengthened their fine motor skills by wrapping the paper towel around the sticks.
- It’s a seasonal craft that I can store with our Halloween decorations for my kids to play with again next year.
- Crafting is more fun when it’s for Halloween 🙂
Here is a short video of us making our stick mummies:
If you have any questions about any crafts on my page – please feel free to email me! I’d love to hear from you.